- WATER METER REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
- LIMITED HOURS FOR CODE ENFORCEMENT
- BRUSH PIT
- MILITARY PACK HORSE STATUE
- ONLINE PAYMENTS FOR WATER BILLS, TAXES, AND COURT FINES
- Village Meetings and Events
- LOCAL LAWS
- VILLAGE MANAGER ROUNDTABLE MEETINGS
- Comprehensive Plan
- Walking Trails
In the next few weeks, the Village of Horseheads will commence its Water Meter Replacement Project. Village water customers – both residential and commercial – will be receiving letters in the mail in the next few days regarding our meter replacement program. If you receive a letter then it has been determined that your meter must be replaced. The meter replacement will be performed at no charge to you. Detailed information on the program, along with instructions on scheduling your appointment, and FAQ’s, are contained in the letter. Commercial meter installations are slated to being August 11th, and residential replacements start August 24th.
While the Village searches to replace our current Code Enforcement Officer, who is leaving to pursue another career, the Code Office will have limited hours as follows effective June 1, 2015:
- Mondays only: In office 8–12; Inspections 1–4
- Permits will continue to be processed through the Clerk’s Office
- Code and Permit questions - firstname.lastname@example.org; or 739–5691 Option #2
The Thorne Street Brush Pit is open for residents to dispose of yard waste.
- Operating hours are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday thru Friday (except holidays, and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturdays.
- Proof of residency is required
- NOT ACCEPTED: Garbage, Cinder Blocks, Rocks, Bricks, Wooden Boards
The Village is proud to announce that its commemorative bronze statue of a Military Pack Horse has been installed and introduced to the public. This statute is the last event of an entire year of activities marking the 175th anniversary of the Village of Horseheads. The Village was first incorporated in May 1837. To read more about our history, go to HISTORY.
Questions and more info on the statue, please contact Deputy Mayor Ronald Swartz at 481–1976.
WATER BILLS AND TAXES: »www.xpress-pay.com
- You can also pay your TAXES ONLY at any Chemung Canal Trust Company Location.
COURT FINES/FEES: www.paycourtonline.com
For the next Board agenda CLICK HERE
For Village Board bios, past meeting minutes, and other information go to the Board of Trustees page.
Upcoming schedule of Board Meetings is as follows:
- Thu. August 27th - 8:30 a.m. - CANCELLED - Tuesday, September 8th - 7:00 p.m. - Regular Meeting - moved from Sep. 10th due to Primary Election
Regularly scheduled Planning Board Meetings are on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 5:15 p.m.
For the agenda, past minutes, and other information about the Planning Board Click Here!
The Village has adopted a local law governing Peddling and Soliciting in the Village. This law repeals and replaces Chapter 171 of the Village Code relative to this issue. To view the law and application form click on the links below.
The Village Board adopted a Local Law Establishing Rules and Regulations for Rental Housing. See the links below.
Questions regarding registration should be directed to our Code Enforcement Office - 739–5691.
FEBRUARY 2012: Due to lack of attendance, the Manager Roundtable Meetings are cancelled until further notice.
After more than two years in development, a new Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Horseheads Village Board on Tuesday, April 20, 2010. Copies of this plan are available for public review at the Village Clerk’s Office, the Horseheads Free Library, and electronically (see below).
Click here to review or download your own copy of the Plan. Please note that the electronic version does not include the attachments, maps, etc.